Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change History

Don't understand seventh chords? Need some tricks for learning key signatures? Post your questions here, or see if you can answer someone else's question.

Changed By: Athair
Change Date: April 19, 2017 04:35PM

Re: What drives V - I resolution?
An additional.reason could.be roughly at follows: taking the skip by single notes only, that is G to C, there would arguably stress the 5ths harmonics of C, creating an underlaying sort of melody (or pedal-like) line like G-G

Such an outcome would be satisfying by itself as far as it contributed to get a somewhat stable underlying harmony (or melody): that is keeping G at the second measure in G-G, instead of switching it into some other note.

So to speak, this type of rationale (related to Counterpoint) would have the advantage of enabling other movements between chords/degrees: for instance, Plagal Cadence IV-I. In this case the upward 5th skip would stress an underlying line like that of a kept mayor 6th, that is A, like A-A, (evem if you wrote C as c-e-g only, and not c-e-g-a), between the two measures.

If that could be.the case, then you would have the harmonies of Perfect vs Plagal cadence based respectively a major 2nd appart from each other (that is, G vs A); which rendered great consequences (forward and backwards, harmonically speaking), etc.

Greetings
Changed By: Athair
Change Date: April 19, 2017 04:31PM

An additional.reason could.be roughly at follows: taking the skip by single notes only, that is G to C, there would arguably stress the 5ths harmonics if C, creating un underlaying sort of melody (or pedal-like) line like G-G

Such an outcome would be satisfying by itself as far as it contributed to get a somewhat stable underlying harmony (or melody): that is keeping G at the second measure in G-G, instead of switching into some other note.
An additional.reason could.be roughly at follows: taking the skip by single notes only, that is G to C, there would arguably stress the 5ths harmonics of C, creating an underlaying sort of melody (or pedal-like) line like G-G

Such an outcome would be satisfying by itself as far as it contributed to get a somewhat stable underlying harmony (or melody): that is keeping G at the second measure in G-G, instead of switching it into some other note.

So to speak, this type of rationale (related to Counterpoint) would have the advantage of enabling other movements between chords/degrees: for instance, Plagal Cadence IV-I. In this case the upward 5th skip would stress an underlying line like that of a kept mayor 6th, that is A, like A-A, between the two measures.

If that could be.the case, then you would have the harmonies of Perfect vs Plagal cadence based respectively a major 2nd appart from each other (that is, G vs A); which rendered great consequences, (forward and backwards, harmonically speaking), etc.

Greetings

Original Message

Author: Athair
Date: April 19, 2017 04:28PM

An additional.reason could.be roughly at follows: taking the skip by single notes only, that is G to C, there would arguably stress the 5ths harmonics if C, creating un underlaying sort of melody (or pedal-like) line like G-G

Such an outcome would be satisfying by itself as far as it contributed to get a somewhat stable underlying harmony (or melody): that is keeping G at the second measure in G-G, instead of switching into some other note.

So to speak, this type of rationale (related to Counterpoint) would have the advantage of enabling other movements between chords/degrees: for instance, Plagal Cadence IV-I. In this case the upward 5th skip would stress an underlying line like that of a kept mayor 6th, that is A, like A-A, between the two measures.

If that could be.the case, then you would have the harmonies of Perfect vs Plagal cadence based respectively a major 2nd appart from each other (that is, G vs A); which rendered great consequences, etc.

Greetings