Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change History

Don't understand seventh chords? Need some tricks for learning key signatures? Post your questions here, or see if you can answer someone else's question.

Changed By: armansrsa
Change Date: May 26, 2017 08:40AM

Song analysis of Maroon 5, This love help please!
I am studying this song and I wanted to ask if someone can help me work out the tonality and some other details. Harmonically, in the original studio recording, this is what I hear for the verse of the song:

G7/B, Cm, Fm7, Ddim

So obviously Cminor but when I listen to the acoustic version on you tube I can't help feeling like the first chord is Bm6 not G7/B and it looks like the fingering is for that chord too.

Is my chord analysis right? Is this a weird chord progression that it starts on an inverted V chord? I have never seen this in any other song. Also, if the first chord is Bm6, isn't that even more odd?

thanks for any help

Original Message

Author: armansrsa
Date: May 26, 2017 08:38AM

Song analysis of Maroon 5, This love help please!
I am studying this song and I wanted to ask if someone can help me work out the tonality and some other details. Harmonically, in the original studio recording, this is what I hear for the verse of the song:

G7/B, Cm, Fm7, Ddim

but when I listen to the acoustic version on you tube I can't help feeling like the first chord is Bm6 not G7/B and it looks like the fingering is for that chord too.

Is my chord analysis right? Is this a weird chord progression that it starts on an inverted V chord? I have never seen this in any other song. Also, if the first chord is Bm6, isn't that even more odd?

thanks for any help