Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change History

Don't understand seventh chords? Need some tricks for learning key signatures? Post your questions here, or see if you can answer someone else's question.

Changed By: Pigfarm80
Change Date: December 08, 2017 09:41AM

Re: Chord Functions
>eyes bulging out of head<
Whew!

First off, thank you very much for your response. I appreciate the time you took to help me out.

I will say though, some of this deep theory is a little over my head. I've read through this a few times, and sort of get the gist, but I'd say this is college-level music theory, and I'm still in a "6th grade" sort of music theory. LoL!

I guess a simpler question, if you would humor me, is... I'm looking at these different chords in major going:
1-4-5 = Cmaj, Fmaj, Gmaj

what would the 1-4-5 be for Cmin, ??, ??.
By your reply, I'm GUESSING it's Cmin, Fmin, Gmaj ??

In application, I'm just sort of figuring out in my head chord progressions.

Judging by your response, this is likely a stupid question, but it's one that's got my wheels turning to no avail.

Again, thank you so much for your earlier response, and any help is much appreciated.

Original Message

Author: Pigfarm80
Date: December 08, 2017 09:40AM

Re: Chord Functions
>eyes bulging out of head<
Whew!

First off, thank you very much for your response. I appreciate the time you took to help me out.

I will say though, some of this deep theory is a little over my head. I've read through this a few times, and sort of get the gist, but I'd say this is college-level music theory, and I'm still in a "6th grade" sort of music theory. LoL!

I guess a simpler question, if you would humor me, is... I'm looking at these different chords in major going:
1-4-5 = Cmaj, Fmaj, Gmaj

what would the 1-4-5 be for Cmin, ??, ??.

In application, I'm just sort of figuring out in my head chord progressions.

Judging by your response, this is likely a stupid question, but it's one that's got my wheels turning to no avail.

Again, thank you so much for your earlier response, and any help is much appreciated.