Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change History

Don't understand seventh chords? Need some tricks for learning key signatures? Post your questions here, or see if you can answer someone else's question.

Message: How can I get the exact tempo of a piano in a song?

Changed By: AwYeah
Change Date: September 10, 2018 06:10AM

How can I get the exact tempo of a piano in a song?
Hi there,

I'm new here, thanks for having me :)

I'm trying to do a cover of a song: I'm lost without you, by Blink 182.

I am trying to get the exact tempo of the piano being played. I am using studio one as a DAW and I am putting the keys manually, however, sometimes the keys being played, they are either slightly too early or slightly too late, when compared to the song.

So it means, that I'm going slightly off tempo and this bothers me as a perfectionist.

Any tips? on how to get the exact piano tempo of a song, that changes between one key and another?

Many thanks!
Changed By: AwYeah
Change Date: September 10, 2018 06:09AM

Hi there,

I'm trying to do a cover of a song
: I'm lost without you, by Blink 182.

I am trying to get the exact tempo of the piano being played. I am using studio one as a DAW and I am putting the keys manually, however, sometimes the keys being played, they are either slightly too early or slightly too late, when compared to the song.

So it means, that I'm going slightly off tempo and this bothers me as a perfectionist.

Any tips?

Original Message

Author: AwYeah
Date: September 10, 2018 06:08AM

Hi there,

I'm trying to do a cover of a song

Any tips?