Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change History

Don't understand seventh chords? Need some tricks for learning key signatures? Post your questions here, or see if you can answer someone else's question.

Changed By: Athair
Change Date: February 06, 2020 06:48AM

Re: An italo-disco song from the 80's
assuming the chord progression to be F C G, i would say there is a Plagal Cadence in it, from C to G (that is, an Upward Fifth skip), in which case G would act as the Tonic of the song; F would act as an altered VII degree, that is a bVII, and it would act as the Dominant, i think...

Taking only strong beats would lead to F - C, a sort (Plagal or Perfect? i guess is not so clear..perhaps someone at the forum might help to disentangle the issue) of cadence towards the tonic C.
G.

I also like the song How old are you by Mikko Mission.

Greetings

Original Message

Author: Athair
Date: February 06, 2020 06:40AM

Re: An italo-disco song from the 80's
assuming the chord progression to be F C G, i would say there is a Plagal Cadence in it, from C to G (that is, an Upward Fifth skip), in which case G would act as the Tonic of the song; F would act as an altered VII degree, that is a bVII, and it would act as the Dominant, i think...

Taking only strong beats would lead to F - C, a sort (Plagal or Perfect? i guess is not so clear..perhaps someone at the forum might help to disentangle the issue) of cadence towards the tonic C.

I also like the song How old are you by Mikko Mission.

Greetings