Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Student groups

Posted by Admin 
Student groups
July 08, 2005 01:00PM
One of the changes that will be part of the next update will be added support for organizing your students into different sections or classes.

This will help you out if you are teaching multiple classes, of course, but it will also be useful to group your students into different ability levels. Part of this group support will be that you can quickly assign a drill to an entire group of students, instead of going through the list and picking out each student who should do it.

Teachers: if you have any thoughts or related features you'd like to see, you can post a reply here.
Re: Student groups
August 12, 2005 08:26AM
ooooo good idea! All of my students are together right now but I am sure they will be differentiated eventually.
-Evelyn
September 11, 2005 11:56PM
For the record, these features were in the last update (mid-August).

One aspect that can trip up teachers, though, is that if you give an assignment to (for example) all students in the "section 1" group, then later add a NEW student to that group, the new student will NOT have the same assignments automatically. I'm evaluating different ways to make it easier to add new students to groups without losing the current flexibility (for example, you can give an assignment to everyone in a group excepting one, etc.).

-Rob
Richard Perkins
August 08, 2008 07:01AM
I have one group of Beginning Music Theory and another of Advanced Music Theory. Do I need two subscriptions to separate the groups or can they be divided into groups with different assignments?
August 21, 2008 06:16PM
Richard Perkins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have one group of Beginning Music Theory and
> another of Advanced Music Theory. Do I need two
> subscriptions to separate the groups or can they
> be divided into groups with different assignments?

Hi, Richard!
You can have multiple groups with one subscription. In fact, you can even have multiple teacher accounts, each with multiple classes, all under one subscription.

Basically, your subscription level controls how many students you can support in total. Beyond that, we try to let give you as much choice as possible over how you organize them and how you use your account.

Rob
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.