Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

suggestion

Posted by Jay Nelson 
Jay Nelson
suggestion
September 09, 2006 11:28AM
Hi...

I began using the site with our subscription this week...it is awesome to have the reports directly printable from the site.

As I was reviewing their scores this morning (it is Saturday), I thought of a suggestion that would be helpful to the students as they are working on their assignments this weekend, however I didn't find a way to post a message to my students that each one would see when they logged in to their account. If there was a way to send a note to each of them that they would see when they logged in it would be helpful.

Am I just missing this or is it not possible?

Thanks,

Jay Nelson
Faithful Shepherd Catholic School
Eagan, MN

jnelson@fscsmn.org
Nikki
Re: suggestion
February 03, 2007 03:16PM
You could add your suggestion in the field where you give directions to the students on how to do the exercise.
Re: suggestion
February 06, 2007 06:26PM
We're working on adding in a basic communication system for teachers/students -- not only for teachers who need to get messages to their students, but also for students who have questions for the teacher!

Currently, students occasionally submit questions to the feedback forms that are really intended for their teachers....

Thanks for the feedback!
Rob
cheryl
Re: suggestion regarding Dom 7th chords
January 17, 2008 08:47PM
Hello,
Students are enjoying the site for the most part. Some have had frustrations when I have given too little time for an assignment. Usually it's not that they can't do it, but are not quick enough on the computer. I find I need to test what I send out first!
Regarding Dom 7th chords, would it be possible to ask for the Dominant 7th of D?, then the student would type AC#EG. This is the way students are asked for Dom 7th's on their theory and practical exams. I got mixed up myself when I tested it, and I know the students will. A dominant 7th chord should start on the dominant.
Looking forward to seeing the new developments on the site. Thanks!
Cheryl
January 22, 2008 04:35PM
Hi, Cheryl! Responses below:

cheryl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
> Students are enjoying the site for the most part.
> Some have had frustrations when I have given too
> little time for an assignment. Usually it's not
> that they can't do it, but are not quick enough on
> the computer. I find I need to test what I send
> out first!

There's a new link on the assignments list page that you'll see starting tomorrow that'll let you test assignments from there (makes it quicker and simpler!). I'm also now working on the messaging system mentioned in the messages above -- that'll help as well, since students will be able to contact you easily through the website when they're stuck.

> Regarding Dom 7th chords, would it be possible to
> ask for the Dominant 7th of D?, then the student
> would type AC#EG. This is the way students are
> asked for Dom 7th's on their theory and practical
> exams. I got mixed up myself when I tested it,
> and I know the students will. A dominant 7th
> chord should start on the dominant.

Can you give me more details on this? What's the question it's asking now vs. what's the question you'd prefer to see?

Thanks!
Rob
March 02, 2008 07:46AM

Leegordo here, the question should be "What are the notes of a Dom7th chord with it's root on 'D'? Therby avoiding any silly trick questions like those
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.