Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interactive computer program for active acquantence with new music system

Posted by vilen 
Interactive computer program for active acquantence with new music system
April 06, 2015 03:13AM
It is wide acknowledged that music theory is descriptive, hence if it is for "struggling with" then it is necessary to alternate music practice.
Rather ago I came to conclusion that main lacks of existing music system are:
-Its atoms, that is, musical notes aren't strictly determined and same note may be presented in multitude of variants, which are difficult to control.
-Frequency partials of notes don't correspond music scale (by all proved variants), because of it dissonances is difficult to control by all variants of music scale building. By it dissonances may be not only unpleasant but desirable too.
So I came to conclusion that music note must have following structure:
-It must include main partials which are mutual consonant.
-It must include special dissonant partials, which form dissonances with corresponding main partials and which parameters (for example intensity, distance from the main partial) are strictly controlled.
For experiments with such note structure I worked out special program and its very easy in use demonstration version. Last one permits to obtain numerous new variants from files encoded by main program fragments of music works. By these experiments for every tried variant the sound file and diagram of frequency partials are made.
I hope that such experiments would be interesting for community.
The program with necessary explanations and example files are presented on the site [home.arcor.de]

Greetings
Yuri Vilenkin
Re: Interactive computer program for active acquantence with new music system
August 18, 2015 03:16AM
I already wrote that given structure of musical note provides enormous number of realization variants. It is clear that because of that the mastering of new system may be carried out only gradually. Now I have prepared new version of computer program which provides control of additional essential parameters and possibility to use pitches from 24 TET scale. The program and digital example files for interactive choice of parameters are presented on the site [home.arcor.de] . I think that attached digital files of encoded music works show essential progress and are enough to
throw off doubts about possibilities of the new system.
I understand that people have little time to learn program instructions and anybody is difficult to make up his mind for that. Therefore I have attached links to mp3 files for some part of the works too. In any case I would be very grateful for comments.
I think that it is must be interesting to experiment a little with music system without keys, chords, their progressions, enharmonic, Pythagorean comma, tonalities and so on.
It is possible in the case when the knowledge of the inside structure of the matter with which is operated almost or quite doesn't influence on the results. The use of the majority of music instruments is such one. The new structure of music note which I have proposed is definitely other case. Its use is realized by the computer program
(see [home.arcor.de] )
I understand that people have little time to learn program instructions and anybody is difficult to make up his mind for that. Therefore I have attached links to several example mp3 files of created music segments in the category Electronic ( topic-Example mp3 files) . In any case I would be very grateful for comments.

Greetings
Yuri Vilenkin

[home.arcor.de]
[home.arcor.de]
[home.arcor.de]
[home.arcor.de]
[home.arcor.de]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login