Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help needed in music theory

Posted by couchpotato 
Help needed in music theory
September 13, 2016 01:07PM
i started to learn music theory online recently and would appreciate some help. my goal is ABRSM music theory grade 1 for a start and my curiosity is killing me!!

qn1

what does it mean by notes of G major scale? isn't it G, A, B, C, D, E, F#, G? do i still include the G octave in the scale or omit it? all that i can infer from bar 4 (in the picture above) is that it includes low D to its octave.

qn2

the answer is 3. the rhythm is a semi-quaver rest and 3 semi-quavers beamed. so irregardless of where the note head is positioned, rhythm remains the same?
Re: Help needed in music theory
September 13, 2016 07:25PM
couchpotato Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i started to learn music theory online recently
> and would appreciate some help. my goal is ABRSM
> music theory grade 1 for a start and my curiosity
> is killing me!!
>
> qn1
>
September 13, 2016 10:56PM
1. Yes it means all of those notes can be found in the scale of G major. It doesn't mean they have to be in the right scale order or even in the same octave. No other major scale contains ALL of those notes. If it helps, think of it as the notes can all be found in the KEY of G major as specified by the 'one sharp' (F#) key signature.

2. Yes
September 14, 2016 01:39AM
oh, i see. thank you!!
September 14, 2016 11:35AM
Strange, my response got totally messed up. But it sounds like you got it.
September 14, 2016 10:43PM
Mine got screwed up too, Steve, exactly the same as yours. Everything after the image was cut off. So I deleted it and just replied directly without using the 'quote' option. Strange, indeed.
October 26, 2016 02:15AM
Everything after the image was cut off. So I deleted it and just replied directly without using the 'quote' option. Strange, indeed.nhkk......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login