Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What are the Rules here?

Posted by agt78 
What are the Rules here?
January 09, 2017 06:52PM
Hey eMusicTheory Community
I'm new here and I'm trying to post a question but when I do it says "A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators" however I have written no offensive word.
Thanks guys
Re: What are the Rules here?
January 10, 2017 03:05PM
I've never seen the list of banned words myself. Here is how I find the word that prevents posting:

1) Remove the words that could appear to trigger being banned. Resubmit the purged text. If the text is accepted, then check each of the words by adding them separately to the text. That works sometimes. And is fast. If not, then method 2.

2) Delete/remove one half of the text. Then test the second half.

If the second half is good, paste the first half back into the text, then remove the first half of the bad half. And repeat the test.

If the second half is bad, paste the first half back into the text, then remove first half of the bad half. And repeat the test.

Once the offending paragraph is found, then split it into two halves and repeat until you find the offending word.

(In any links, remove "h t t p : //" as it is a banned word. The link will work just fine without it in a (Firefox) browser.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 03:34PM by fluo2005. (view changes)
Re: What are the Rules here?
January 10, 2017 08:02PM
Thanks so much, sure enough it was "h t t p : //"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login