Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Notes Player - A Begainer's Question

Posted by Steven Woody 
Steven Woody
Notes Player - A Begainer's Question
November 12, 2006 07:38PM
hi,

i am about to study basic music theory by reading book. the problem is that i get no any music instrument. so when i firstly get into the book, i need to hear what's C, what is A#, e.t.c. you see the problem? can anyone suggest a very basic/cheap instrument or computer program which can play simple notes?

thanks you in advance.

regards,
woody
Re: Notes Player - A Begainer's Question
November 16, 2006 04:01PM
You don't need to hear the notes in theory.
November 16, 2006 04:17PM
Hi,
I'd suggest getting an electronic keyboard -- hunt through garage sales or eBay to get a good deal, or buy a cheap one at a local toystore. Make sure it's something with its own speakers, and preferably keys that aren't too tiny. You can probably find something pretty easily for $30 or less if you don't care much about its sound.

The piano keyboard is probably the easiest instrument for learning music theory, because the keys are all laid out in order in front of you.

-Rob
December 15, 2006 02:46PM
A few years ago I bought a cheap version of "cakewalk music creator" It allows you to compose songs using several methods. Once you add a few knotes you can click the play button and listen to it on your pc. If I remember correctly the program has a virtual piano,drumset, and bass guitar, there may be more I don't remember. I think I paid $20 or $30. I bought it at Frys (outpost.com). It was in the clearance section because it was a little outdated, the manufacturers are allways coming out with more advanced versions of their programs and then they sell the old ones really cheap. I've seen some brand new programs as expensive as $300. If you buy a clearance item make sure your operating system is listed on the package.
Good luck,
Jdub
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login