Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another question about intervals.

Posted by paperclipface 
Another question about intervals.
October 18, 2007 06:52PM
Hello everyone,

I know there's already several threads on the topic of intervals, but my question is a bit different.

Would anyone be able to suggest the quickest and most effective way of memorizing intervals? I've memorized my key signatures for the most part (I still have a need to resort to the tricks of half a step up for sharps and second to last for flats, but it's much much better then I was), but I can't for the life of me figure out a way of going about this for intervals. Basically, what ways have you found to be most effective for you? The actual interval itself is easy, it's the quality I have trouble with. I know, memorizing is memorizing and there's no way to get around it, but I just am having trouble developing a method to going about doing this.

Thanks alot in advance for any help you can provide.

-Rob
Re: Another question about intervals.
November 15, 2007 07:05AM

Hi, Idon't think there is any quick method or fornula for memorising screeds of Intervals or their names and/or construction. I take it that you are studying music in order to pass exams or some such endeavour.Passing exams in order to be able to write music seriously, and/or professionaly, or additionally Play music, is an admirable thing But, in my humble opinion learning about intervals is practically useless as an aid to music knowledge-especially if one is studying to be a top class musician and/or instumentalist. Studying Intervals and other boring details, is only useful in order to be able to pass even more exams!in order to pass even more boring exams
Sincerely .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login